Since its inception in 2008, International Babywearing Week has honored individuals, organizations and businesses that have contributed to promoting babywearing as universally accepted practice. Awards have been given each year, except in 2011 and 2015 and we will be continuing this tradition in 2018.
The committee is now accepting nominations for the annual babywearing awards. You can read information about each award and its history as well as past award winners here. The nomination form will be available in English and Spanish.
This year we will be offering the following awards:
- The Jennifer Rosenberg Babywearing Advocate of the Year Award.
- The Vijay Owens Babywearing Advocacy Award for Lifetime Achievement in Promoting Babywearing
- The Perla Robertson Award for Distinguished Babywearing Educator
- Award Recognizing Outstanding Diversity and Inclusiveness by a Babywearing Educator
- Best Babywearing Outreach Program by a Vendor or Business
- Best Babywearing Outreach Event or Program by a Non-profit or Individual
- Best Educational Blog or Website
We would like to emphasize that these awards are always open to international nominees. Please be sure to provide detailed information about your nominee’s accomplishments as well as links to pertinent websites and/or email addresses to help the committee in contacting nominees. You do not have to nominate an individual for every award.